× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I assign Static IP Address to a device? (XBox One)

varxtis
Aspirant

How do I assign Static IP Address to a device? (XBox One)

I'm trying to set up my XBox One for remote streaming but Im completely ignorant when it comes to networking and rely hevily on default settings. There seems to be three main parts to this process described here:

- Port Forwarding (which has been explained by DexterJB. Thank You!!)

- Assigning a Static IP Address to the Device (This Step)

- and setting up Dynamic DNS

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to walk me through the step of assigning a Static IP Address to a device, which in this case is my XBox One.

I've actually wanted to know this for a while for other devices, but don't know if its a router thing or a computer thing. I'd appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do I assign Static IP Address to a device? (XBox One)

Hi @varxtis,

You are welcome!

Instead of setting a static IP for your XBOX, you can perform address reservation so that the XBOX will have a consistent IP address for the port forwarding that you have performed. You may refer to the link below for the steps on how to do it.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

You are welcome!

Instead of setting a static IP for your XBOX, you can perform address reservation so that the XBOX will have a consistent IP address for the port forwarding that you have performed. You may refer to the link below for the steps on how to do it.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
varxtis
Aspirant

So, basically, Im just using the IP it's already been assigned (in the case of the XBox its 192.168.1.3) and not establishing a new/custom one, right?

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

yes and no you could change it in reservations and then power cycle Xbox to get new IP

Message 4 of 5
varxtis
Aspirant

Sweet! Worked great!. Are there any other forms of "kudos" Im able to give beyond just the thumbs up?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7