× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I reconfigure modem after changing from ADSL to NBN

marmaduke
Follower

How do I reconfigure modem after changing from ADSL to NBN

My modem was set up to use with ADSL but I've now got connected to the NBN so need to change the settings.  How do I do this?

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I reconfigure modem after changing from ADSL to NBN

@marmaduke wrote:

My modem was set up to use with ADSL but I've now got connected to the NBN so need to change the settings. 

What sort of NBN?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem.

It is a pity that Netgear does not make that clearer in its advice to NBN users. It might prevent people from wasting money on an incompatible modem router. They would be better off buying a simple router and using whatever modem their ISP provides, or buying one suitable for their Internet service.

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: How do I reconfigure modem after changing from ADSL to NBN

@marmaduke wrote:

My modem was set up to use with ADSL but I've now got connected to the NBN so need to change the settings. 

What sort of NBN?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem.

It is a pity that Netgear does not make that clearer in its advice to NBN users. It might prevent people from wasting money on an incompatible modem router. They would be better off buying a simple router and using whatever modem their ISP provides, or buying one suitable for their Internet service.

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7