How to configure C6250 router modem for adblock DNS ?

Nikhilp
Follower

How to configure C6250 router modem for adblock DNS ?

Hi,

I have C6250-100NAS router modem and I want to configure adblocking DNS of my choice on it (like Adguard, OpenDNS etc.). I am currently using xfinity service for internet.

I have added new DNS IP's on my router (tried multiple DNS providers) but still it's not blocking any ads. Seeking for help on this topic and step by step procedure to configure the same. Can anyone help here please ?

Notes :

1. Talked with xfinity support before this post. They asked to work with manufacturer to get it configured since it's my own device.

2. Need to configure it at router level so that no need to install app/extension on individual browser/device.

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: How to configure C6250 router modem for adblock DNS ?

@Nikhilp wrote

:...I want to configure adblocking DNS of my choice on it (like Adguard, OpenDNS etc.).

What do they say?

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements