× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to control download bandwidth speed limit on netgear jnr1010 router?

Yv
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to control download bandwidth speed limit on netgear jnr1010 router?

How to control download bandwidth speed limit on netgear jnr1010 router?

Anyone can answer my question?

In this netgear jnr1010 router "turn bandwidth control on" there is only one option "uplink bandwidth"  works for upload bandwidth speed control then what about download speed limit control there no option for download speed limit can any one know about  download speed limit control for netgear jnr1010 router.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to control download bandwidth speed limit on netgear jnr1010 router?

Hello @Yv,

Welcome to the community!

There is no option on the router that lets you control the download speed. Best way to manage your download is with the use of QoS(page41).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @Yv,

Welcome to the community!

There is no option on the router that lets you control the download speed. Best way to manage your download is with the use of QoS(page41).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Yv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried QoS setup before only application and device control in priority levels for my PC with mac I assigned low priority level nothing happened in bandwidth download limit same as before but what is the use of low priority level without knowing download bandwidth limit So I want to assain bandwidth limit manually for download speed limit to router or particular devices connected to WiFi router.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

A QOS system that only has priorities probably only kicks in when traffic saturates the link. This allows any application, even a low priority one, to use up the entire bandwidth. But if a higher priority application were to arrive while the link is saturated, then bandwidth to the lower priority should be curtailed.

It's analogous to metering lights at the entrance to a toll bridge. When traffic is light, the lights are off. When traffic reaches the capacity of the bridge the lights come on, except that the lights have different priorities. High priority lights cycle faster than low priority lights. You have to assume that traffic is steered to the correct light (e.g. carpools go to the high priority light, 18 wheelers go to the low priority light). If we could control the cycle time of each light, then we could control the traffic rate of each light.
Message 4 of 6
Yv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone explain detailed process of bandwidth control in step by step with images or tutorials.
Message 5 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7