× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to open port on Netgear WNDR3700v4?

myquest
Aspirant

How to open port on Netgear WNDR3700v4?

Hello,

I am trying to connect the Sprints Airave to my Netgear WNDR3700v4 router.  The instruction from Sprints is that I may need to open the following UDP ports on the router that the AIRAVE is connected behind : Airave Access Point (Airave 2.0 Airvana) ports are: 53, 67, 68, 500, and 4500.  I have looked but couldnot find the option where I can do this.

A second question is that there are 4 ethernet ports on this router (4 ethernet lights in front of the router). I used #1 port for connection to my desktop and the light is green.  I used #2 port for connection from the Airave, but the light on #2 is kind of orange instead of green.  Does that mean it's not working at all when in orange color light?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: How to open port on Netgear WNDR3700v4?

The feature you are looking for is called port forwarding.  The documentation for it starts on page 84 in the manual.

Go to Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.  Click on Add Custom Service.  Make up something for the Service Name (e.g. forward port X).  Enter the starting and ending port(s) to be forwarded.  Enter the IP address of the Airave device or select it from the list if it is present.  Then click Apply to save it.  You will have to add at least 4 custom services to cover your ports (port 67 and 68 are adjacent, so they can be covered by one port forwarding rule).

You will want to lock down the IP address assigned to the Airave to insure that it doesn't change.  Otherwise, your port forwarding rules will break.  Go to Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup and add an Address Reservation for you Airave device.  It should be straightforward.  If not, look at page 42 in the manual.

As far as the Ethernet LED colors are concerned, orange (amber in manual) means that the connected device is either a 10 or a 100 Mbps device.  Green means Gigabit (1000 Mbps).  The Airave probably doesn't support Gigabit Ethernet, so this is ok.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The feature you are looking for is called port forwarding.  The documentation for it starts on page 84 in the manual.

Go to Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.  Click on Add Custom Service.  Make up something for the Service Name (e.g. forward port X).  Enter the starting and ending port(s) to be forwarded.  Enter the IP address of the Airave device or select it from the list if it is present.  Then click Apply to save it.  You will have to add at least 4 custom services to cover your ports (port 67 and 68 are adjacent, so they can be covered by one port forwarding rule).

You will want to lock down the IP address assigned to the Airave to insure that it doesn't change.  Otherwise, your port forwarding rules will break.  Go to Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup and add an Address Reservation for you Airave device.  It should be straightforward.  If not, look at page 42 in the manual.

As far as the Ethernet LED colors are concerned, orange (amber in manual) means that the connected device is either a 10 or a 100 Mbps device.  Green means Gigabit (1000 Mbps).  The Airave probably doesn't support Gigabit Ethernet, so this is ok.

Message 2 of 4
myquest
Aspirant

Thanks TheEther.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@myquest Thank you for marking the post and this will also surely help others.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7