• 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

How to open ports for Personal CellSpot 4GLTE Tmobile

Hello all!!

Please help! I have been fighting with Comcast and TMobile, each pointing their finger at the other. Tmo states I need to open ports 123, 500 and 4500 so my personal tower they sent me will work, cause thier service is terrible where I live. They told me to call comcast, which didnt help. Comcast stated that since I own the equipment, I had to open to ports. So, here I am, on the NETGEAR page asking for pro help. I have an Arris SB6121 going into my NETGEAR CENTRIA WNDR4700. The cell tower does not connect through my WAN/LAN due to the ports being closed. I checked these ports on portchecker(dot)co and verified they are still closed. I am done fighting after 4 hours.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Semper Fi!

Jim

Model: CENTRIA (WNDR4700/4720)|Media Storage Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to open ports for Personal CellSpot 4GLTE Tmobile

Hi @Dubhghlas To open ports on the router, follow the instructions here.

Let us know what happens.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I tried everything you suggested, however, it still doesnt work. When I added the custom service, I entered the port range as 123-4500, hoping it would work and received this message:

"The specified ports are being used by other configurations. Pleasse check your configurations of USB readyshare, remote management, port forwarding, Port triggering, UPnP Port Mapping Table, RIP, and Internet Connection type.

I checked all of these I could find, except for RIP and Internet connection type. I couldnt find where these were located. It doesnt appear that any ports within that range are being used by anything else.

Any ideas for the next step? Thanks!

Model: CENTRIA (WNDR4700/4720)|Media Storage Router
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Some ports are already reserved that's why you can't use it.

It must have been listed under Service Name under Port Forwarding page.

I suggest that you verify the exact port numbers that you need to open and add it one by one or select it from the pre-defined ports.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4