Reply
Aspirant

How to reset DG834G v5?

Hello guys,
How are you today?

I was trying to connect my DG834Gv5 with WNDR3700.
When I configured the DG834G and connected it to the internet, I connected it with my WNDR3700 and the internet worked in WNDR3700.
But I heard that I have to turn DHCP off if I want to connect it with another router, so I turned DHCP off from my DG834G.
After that, I set a password for my WNDR3700 and enable the guest wireless.

Suddenly, the internet disconnected from WNDR3700, but the internet led was working in DG834G. I tried to connect to DG834G through ethernet port, but it couldn't connect so I decided to reset it. The point is that I didn't find any reset bottom.

Can any one help me please with that?

Kind regards,

Notice:
I configured the internet settings from DG834G not WNDR3700.
I'm using DSL connection.
Message 1 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Reset is small hole at the back of the device, between power jack and antenna. You seem to use router behind router configuration. Not advisable. If DG834 is the gateway and the WNDR3700 is used as AP, then switch off DHCP in WNDR3700, not in DG834. Configure WNDR3700 to be in same subnet as DG834 and give it an IP of f.i. 192.168.0.100 (connect directly to PC). Then connect WNDR3700 LAN port to DG834 LAN port wired.
Message 2 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Thanks Jack & jmizoguchi, I didn't find the hole. I put thin stick iside all holes, but I didn't feel that I pressed any button. Thanks again for your help guys. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

read manual

Factory default settings. Pressing both buttons at the same time resets the unit the factory
default settings.


ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DG834Gv5_SM_31Mar08.pdf
page 4
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Thanks jimizoguchi, It works. and my defult gateway is DG834g because in my country they don't sell modems also with our unique ISP. Smiley Sad I'll try to connect them together by using your link. (I'll tell you the result) Thanks a lot guys. Warm regards, Khaled
Message 6 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Sorry to have mislead you re location of reset hole (correct for most devices and DG834G up to v4....) Smiley Surprised Good to have jimizoguchi as Corrector Smiley Happy.
Message 7 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

jimizoguchi Can I make my DG834g as a simple ADSL as shown here http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=6072? Is it going to transfer the full internet to my WNDR3700? I have one more question. I bought WNDR3700 from the U.S., but I'm using it outside the U.S. When I tried to upgrade my router to the latest firmware (outside NA version), it says that my firmware version is NA, so what exactly should I use? Thanks
Message 8 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Jack™ wrote:
Sorry to have mislead you re location of reset hole (correct for most devices and DG834G up to v4....) Smiley Surprised
Good to have jimizoguchi as Corrector Smiley Happy.


Also me,

I surprised when I didn't find the hole as many routers do.

Thanks Jack Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

There are a few newer models of router that use the two button reset method, and I have come across one or two which will only reset (using the traditional push button) if the router is power cycled while the button is held in.
Message 10 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Mars Mug wrote:
There are a few newer models of router that use the two button reset method, and I have come across one or two which will only reset (using the traditional push button) if the router is power cycled while the button is held in.


Factory default settings. Pressing both buttons at the same time resets the unit the factory
default settings.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 11 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

jmizoguchi wrote:
Factory default settings. Pressing both buttons at the same time resets the unit the factory
default settings.


I know that, what's your point?
Message 12 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

I tried to configure the routers as shown here http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965 but when I put this link http://www.routerlogin.com/CA_HiddenPage.htm it didn't open any page. I skipped this step, but the instructions was not clear. anyway, I configure the dsl settings in DG834g then I connected it to WNDR3700 in the WAN Port, then it worked. When I disable DHCP in WNDR3700, I couldn't connect to it again. Thanks guys.
Message 13 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

KhaledQTR wrote:
I tried to configure the routers as shown here http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965

but when I put this link http://www.routerlogin.com/CA_HiddenPage.htm it didn't open any page.

I skipped this step, but the instructions was not clear.

anyway, I configure the dsl settings in DG834g then I connected it to WNDR3700 in the WAN Port, then it worked.

When I disable DHCP in WNDR3700, I couldn't connect to it again.

Thanks guys.

not all router can use http://www.routerlogin.com/CA_HiddenPage.htm
just login the router and change what you need

if you DISABLE DHCP you will no longer access until you SETUP STATIC IP on pc side to access the 3700 and PC without hooking up DGXX

also 37000 has to have different device IP other than 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1

URL shows router as an access point has different IP differ from main routers' IP.

if you did correct. connect 3700 LAN to LAN between the DGXXX, just like the URL picture shows
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 14 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

I'm begginer in networking. I don't know where I can find Configuration Assistant. English is not my first language, so I have some difficulties in understanding these steps. In some steps, I think he is talking about DG834g while in the next step I think he is talking about WNDR3700. I got confused because I don't know which router he is talking about. He is just repeating router/access point in all steps. I'll try to do my best and do what I understand. If it worked, I'll tell you. Do I need to reset the routers again and then do the steps?
Message 15 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

KhaledQTR wrote:
I'm begginer in networking.

I don't know where I can find Configuration Assistant.

English is not my first language, so I have some difficulties in understanding these steps.

In some steps, I think he is talking about DG834g while in the next step I think he is talking about WNDR3700. I got confused because I don't know which router he is talking about. He is just repeating router/access point in all steps.

I'll try to do my best and do what I understand. If it worked, I'll tell you.

Do I need to reset the routers again and then do the steps?


http://vpncasestudy.com/reset.html
http://vpncasestudy.com/download/usefuldoc/how_to_access_point.pdf
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 16 of 18
Aspirant

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

I am new to these threads and I dont know whether I am adhering to appropriate protocol - so apologies if not.

I have a WNDR3700 connected via a DG834Gv5 router/modem and I want to up-grade the software on the DG834. When I log-on to Router up-grade wizard I am only able to up-grade the WNDR3700. Any tips on how to up-grade the firmware on the DG834 would be gratefully received. I have tried connecting the modem directly to my laptop but the router log-on screen still refers to WNDR3700. Many thanks. DShutt
Message 17 of 18
Virtuoso

Re: How to reset DG834G v5?

Directly connected to DG

Reset the DG after flasing and setup back again
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 50262 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements