× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to set time of day

molatech
Tutor

How to set time of day

I think I know the answer. Sort of. It can't be. But I've never had a router where one could not set the date and time or at least pick a time zone so the router would have the correct local time. Going into the router logs it becomes a little confusing when having to subrtact a number of hours to figure the time an event happened.  How is one to set up local times for access restrictions and such?  

So I guess I am looking for solid confirmation that there is no where in the router software/firmware to actually set your local date and time. 

I actually also find it hard to believe that scouring through all of the support pages that it seems no one has ever addressed this issue before. Which is why I feel I MUST be missing something obvious or simple here??  Thanks! 

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
molatech
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.

After looking through the entire R6400 manual, I saw under Supplemental Information and Factory Settings that there was a listing under Local Network settings for Time Zone and Daylight saving time. Table 3 lists the 'default settings'.  So thinking that since there were default settings, they must be user adjustable somehow.

Seeing this under LAN settings..I went through every menu in the Genie software interface and FINALLY found this setting under Security... and then Schedule.

At bottom of Security:Schedule page I was able to set the time zone to mine and it subsequently corrected all the log entires and current date and time correctly. 

KInd of an obscure place for simply setting the time, but I hope this helps anyone trying to find this setting. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

What hardware are we talking about here? R6050?

If so, look at page 129/130 of the manual:

R6050 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 5
molatech
Tutor

Im sorry. New here. The sight asked that when posting and I assumed it was listed. The hardware is the 1750 ac R6400. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5
molatech
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.

After looking through the entire R6400 manual, I saw under Supplemental Information and Factory Settings that there was a listing under Local Network settings for Time Zone and Daylight saving time. Table 3 lists the 'default settings'.  So thinking that since there were default settings, they must be user adjustable somehow.

Seeing this under LAN settings..I went through every menu in the Genie software interface and FINALLY found this setting under Security... and then Schedule.

At bottom of Security:Schedule page I was able to set the time zone to mine and it subsequently corrected all the log entires and current date and time correctly. 

KInd of an obscure place for simply setting the time, but I hope this helps anyone trying to find this setting. 

Message 4 of 5

It took me a few seconds to search the PDF file of the manual for "time zone".

I agree that it is well hidden.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7