Aspirant

I have 2 WNDR4500v2, cabled, and it stopped to connect gigabit

Folks, I have 2 equals N900 WNDR4500v2. Routers are connected thru CAT 6 cabling.  Front router using LAN3 port, back router using WAN port, acess point mode. Used to work for arround 2 months like a charm, it used to connect gigabit. Now, it just connect @100Mb. Rebooted, updated firmware. Running out of ideas. Please help. All the house network is giga, front router connects to fiber modem at giga... only the connection between the 2 routers stopped to be gigabit. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I have 2 WNDR4500v2, cabled, and it stopped to connect gigabit

Hi @Albertsithlord,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable between these two routers? It could be an Ethernet cable problem.

What color are the lights on LAN port 3 and the WAN/Internet light from those two routers? LAN Port 3 should be green and the WAN port of the other router.

Looking forward to your response.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Elaine, thanks for the reply.

Front router is placed at living room rack. It have a cable till the wall. I installed a path panel cabling system at wall , running into roof, and finishing in another wall patch panel, where another cable goes to back router.

I will try change these cables that goes from router to walls, but, they are new, dont guess it may be the cause.. I was wondering or wishing routers has a place or config where I can force to set it Gigabit... Also attempted support from Netgear, but, they send me from one to other admin and one just closed the windows...

LAN3 frount router light is yello (as all the lan port leds at front of this router) and it is green on the back router, at wan. It works, but just only at 100Mb now... and it is frustanting..

Thanks !

Message 3 of 4
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Albertsithlord Have you tried other LAN ports? For testing purposes, try looping cables on one of the WNDR4500 by connecting one end of the Ethernet cable to port 1 then other end to port 2. See if you green lights on ports 1 and 2. If you do, then it's still running gigabit.

Looking forward to your response.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements