× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a netgear Wndr3700 and everything is fine except 4 laptop.How can I bridge netgear R6300V2?

jesusyogie
Aspirant

I have a netgear Wndr3700 and everything is fine except 4 laptop.How can I bridge netgear R6300V2?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I have a netgear Wndr3700 and everything is fine except 4 laptop.How can I bridge netgear R6300V

Hi @jesusyogie,

1. Are you looking to setup a separate network using the R6300v2 or set it up as an access point within the same network?

2. Setting it up as a bridge will require a different set of steps as well. You may refer to the link below for the user manual and the steps are found on page 102.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300V2/R6300v2_UM_20May2015.pdf

3. The credentials that it is asking for are for the router admin page. By default the username is 'admin' and the password is 'password'.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: I have a netgear Wndr3700 and everything is fine except 4 laptop.How can I bridge netgear R6300V

Which part of the manual are you having trouble with?

Message 2 of 7
jesusyogie
Aspirant

What website do I go to in order to hook up the R6300V2 router as abridge router to the WNDR3700 router?

Message 3 of 7
jesusyogie
Aspirant

I used www.routerlogin.net and that website was looking for a network name and password.  Do I input the new network and password that came with the R6300V2?

Message 4 of 7
jesusyogie
Aspirant

Sorry for the spread out answers. Prior to the earlier inquiries I made I plugged the R6300V2 into power.  I then connected a cat5 cable from one of the 4 internet slots on the WNDR3700 netgear primary router into the "yellow" internet slot of the R6300V2 router.  I then went to the www.router.login.net website and was asked to input the router name and password.  Do I enter the R6300V2 router name and password?  I entered the primary router (WNDR3700) 5 gig network name and password and was rejected. 

Message 5 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jesusyogie,

1. Are you looking to setup a separate network using the R6300v2 or set it up as an access point within the same network?

2. Setting it up as a bridge will require a different set of steps as well. You may refer to the link below for the user manual and the steps are found on page 102.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300V2/R6300v2_UM_20May2015.pdf

3. The credentials that it is asking for are for the router admin page. By default the username is 'admin' and the password is 'password'.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 7
jesusyogie
Aspirant

Just a note;  After the bridge was set up the actual range power of the newer router did not extend the range of the older router in order to reach my new laptop which was one of the goals of the bridge.  I purchased a second R6300V2 and connected it to one of the four internet outlets of the WNDR3700 router and placed it at a high point in the basement and that router did the trick and supplied ongoing internet support for the new laptop without a bridge connection.  Original R6300V2 router stayed in bridge mode.

Thank you for your assistance!  We got it done!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7