× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I love my Orbi RBR50, BUT I have been given a WiFi 6 Mesh network from my new Internet Provider.....

justin5
Follower

I love my Orbi RBR50, BUT I have been given a WiFi 6 Mesh network from my new Internet Provider.....

Hi there,

I love my Orbi RBR50, BUT I have been given a WiFi 6 Mesh network from my new Internet Provider ... and my new MacBook Pro and iPhone are WiFi 6 capable.

Can I use my beloved Orbi RBR50 as a router (with WiFi turned off) and connect it to my new unknown brand (therefore unknown security) WiFi 6 mesh system provided by my new Internet Provider AND still get the same security I have become accustomed to (and paid for) with my Orbi RBR50?

Also, will I still be able to connect to the the Orbi app on my iPhone via this new network too?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: I love my Orbi RBR50, BUT I have been given a WiFi 6 Mesh network from my new Internet Provider.

Or you could go 

ISP router----->orbi system in AP mode (access point)

then you have your isp router for the peak AX speeds while preserving the whole home coverage of orbi for the rest of the devices. 

Just make sure to use a seperate ssid for the 2 systems and make sure they're on different wifi channels to prevent interference. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7