× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I'm looking for a way to be alerted if an individual port on a switch goes down (IP cam disconnect)

taymag
Follower

I'm looking for a way to be alerted if an individual port on a switch goes down (IP cam disconnect)

So I am looking for a solution to be notified by email or even better phone push notification app when (1) of the (8) PoE ports is disconnected or goes offline. Basically I need a way to be notified immediately if one of the PoE IP camera goes down or is unplugged.

I was told Insight could do this, then I opened another Netgear chat today to confirm a few things and was getting conflicting info, being told it "might" be able to do this.

It seems what I'm looking for would be the same as just monitoring and getting alerts for a server or PC being on and being notified if it shuts down or turns off, but maybe I'm missing something? 

Let me know, thanks!

Model: GC108P|Insight Managed 8-port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with FlexPoE Power
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7