Re: IP Address Problem with Wireless connected printer

NFE
Novice
Novice

IP Address Problem with Wireless connected printer

I am a first time novice to this forum and a first time router user.

Initially set up and connected a HP printer to the WNDR3800. All worked OK until the next time the printer was turned on - no connection could be made.
I note that the IP address (in the HP print info page) is X.X.1.6 , whereas the IP address when checked through "routerlogin" is X.X.1.7. I assume the printer will not work because of different IP addresses. How can this be corrected - can anyone help. Or is there another issue??

Thanks NFE
Message 1 of 3
SpadeNewsom
Aspirant

Read HP manual to change the IP to static say X.X.1.50 (or well above what other devices might automatically get assigned (if you have 50 other devices you need to employ an IT man and not refer to this forum LOL)). Restart printer and see if its there.
If good then reserve the X.X.1.50 on the router so it can only be used for the HP. router manual will tell you hw to do that.
It seems to me the printer is dynamically connected and you might have an IP conflict. I almays make printers and other dumb devices static and reserve he address in the router.
Message 2 of 3
SpadeNewsom
Aspirant

SpadeNewsom wrote:
Read HP manual to change the IP to static say X.X.1.50 (or well above what other devices might automatically get assigned (if you have 50 other devices you need to employ an IT man and not refer to this forum LOL)). Restart printer and see if its there.
If good then reserve the X.X.1.50 on the router so it can only be used for the HP. router manual will tell you hw to do that.
It seems to me the printer is dynamically connected and you might have an IP conflict. I almays make printers and other dumb devices static and reserve he address in the router.

By the way I am a novice also and find it hard understanding much of the jargon. Hopefully I am sufficiently dumb to give a readable answer - although it could be wrong.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E