Icon display on Control Panel re: Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model WNDR 3700v4

EARLL9
Aspirant

Icon display on Control Panel re: Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model WNDR 3700v4

When I bring up my Control Panel on my computer, it  shows many Genie icons, any where from 20 to 50 (41 at present).  It seems that icons are being added  and deleted at some point, I know not how or when.  Any suggestions as to what is causing this?  Also need suggestions as to how to prevent added icons, and how to remove those extra ones.

Control Panel shows 41 items selected; Network Selected Category:  Digital Media Server;  Manufacturer:  Netgear Inc;  Status:  Not connected; Model:  Simple DMS.

Message 1 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: Icon display on Control Panel re: Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model WNDR 3700

Can't you post a screen grab?

I'm not pretty sure what could be causing it but you don't really need to install the Genie.

It's just an easy way to tweak some settings of the router. 

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
Message 2 of 4
EARLL9
Aspirant

Re: Icon display on Control Panel re: Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model WNDR 3700

Please explain the term 'screen grab.'  

If I understand, you are saying I do not need to have Genie installed on my computer at all, is that correct?

What is the purpose of the screen grab?\\

Can I just delete the forty icons on my control panel display?

Message 3 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

Screen grab is screenshot.

Showing us what you see on your case.

You're right. It's not mandatory to install the Genie.

You wll still be fine even if Genie is not installed.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E