× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Identify SSID - WNDR4500

enj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Identify SSID - WNDR4500

Just installed my WNDR4500 with latest hardware upgrades...

Running Windows 10 on my own Home Network...

I see two "unknown" entries:  TG1672GF2  and  TG1672GF2-5G  besides my inhouse network SSID..

Where are these coming from...?

I've run Speccy and Genie but don't see any more helpful information...

Please help inform me...

Thanks in advance

Ed

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Identify SSID - WNDR4500

I would dump the 4500 and use the Arris, you can log in to Arris and change SSID and Passphrase. You're already leasing it anyway might as well use it. If you have Time Warner digital phone they like most ISP's offering it mandate you use their box. Arris is an excellent company. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

turn your router OFF if they're still there it's a neighbors router

Message 2 of 5
enj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response... I got this part figured out... ANOTHER NOVICE Question please:

I am NOT a Networking Expert so please Help me out here...

The id TG1672GF2 was coming from a NEW ARRIS Router just installed by Time Warner...

When I run Speedtest.net with my WNDR4500 in the circuit between the AARIS and the Computer, Download Speed is around 10 MBS and Upload is 3 MBS

When I run with ONLY the AARIS direct connected to the Computer, Download is 116.29 MBS and Upload 11.74 MBS

Significant difference...

QUESTION: Should I configure the AARIS with appropriate Home Local network detail/security and operate it ONLY...?

And remove the Netgear WNDR4500...?

OR is it time to get a better Netgear Router...?

Thanks in Advance

Ed

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I would dump the 4500 and use the Arris, you can log in to Arris and change SSID and Passphrase. You're already leasing it anyway might as well use it. If you have Time Warner digital phone they like most ISP's offering it mandate you use their box. Arris is an excellent company. 

Message 4 of 5
enj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the input...

I've already gotten into the ARRIS, but wanted an expert to confirm my options...

Again, thanks and have a great New Year...

Ed

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7