× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Inconsistent connectivity (satellite and device), latency, range, speed (RBR20, RBS50, RBS50Y

WCH6
Follower

Inconsistent connectivity (satellite and device), latency, range, speed (RBR20, RBS50, RBS50Y

Hi Everyone,

I have been struggiling with my orbi set up for months now, I've tried so many things I've found on this forum over that time but nothing seems to have helped. It is very inconsistent in terms of internet speed, latency, range, and connectivity to both the satellites and our devices.

Connection to devices frequently drops seemingly randomly - one device will be happily connected and working well whilst another either wont be able to connect, find the wifi network, or will be able to connect to the wifi but without internet access.

Connection to the satellites is even worse, for the most part, we work only on the router. It doesn't matter if the satellite is 15~ feet away in direct line of sight, it wont will say out of range. As for the exterior satellite, it occasionally connects but extremely rarely. I have also noticed that device's connected to the network will drop out much more regularly or no device will be able to connect to the network if the satellites are 'working'.

Latency and speed will deterioate once a day for a couple of hours, normally after 11pm to the point the internet because borderline unusable.

I have tried changing channels. I have tried moving the router and satellites into different positions, I've updated the firmware on all devices so its up to date.

I'm using a draytek vigor 130 for my modem.

I'm becoming incredibly frustrated with this set up, I spent an obscene amount of money for something that doesn't perform nearly as well as my ISP provided router.

I suspect this has to be a hardware issue so if I cant get it work I'm going to RMA my router.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7