Aspirant

Indicator lights on WNDR4300 Router

My network consist of a desktop computer, wireless laptop computer, wireless HP printer and a wireless smart phone. All these devices connect to the Internet through the Netgear WNDR4300 wireless rounter. All but the desktop computer are wireless.

I have searched through endless information on the Netgear web site and other Internet sites to try to determine the significance of the indicator lights color other then that they indicate something is working or turned on.

All the indicator lights on my WNDR4300 Netgear router are yellow except the 5GHz light which is blue.

Can someone tell me the significance of the 5MHz blue indicator light? Should it be yellow like the other lights?

Second question, Netgear mentions the existence of an installation disk on their website that is used to install the installation genie on the computer.

I received no such disk with the router nor is there any mention of a CD disk on the box or instructions that came with the router.

I appreciate any and all comments. Bill
Message 1 of 7
Virtuoso

Re: Indicator lights on WNDR4300 Router

Second question, Netgear mentions the existence of an installation disk on their website that is used to install the installation genie on the computer.

I received no such disk with the router nor is there any mention of a CD disk on the box or instructions that came with the router.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=19304
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 7
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply. I feel better knowing a CD is not required and probably was not included with my WNDR 4300 router. I am absolutely certain I did not lose the CD. The contents of the box the router was shippen in was emptied into an empty box on my desk.

Actually, connecting my computers and printer to the Internet via the router was straight forward and only took about 15-20 minutes. Not bad for a guy who is new to routers.

I am concerned about the significance of the 5GHz indicator light being blue and all the other indicator lights are yellow. I just don't understand the reason the the 5GHz light is blue and that disturbs me.

The installation guide that came with router makes no mention of the indicator lights and I can find nothing on the Netgear website.

If you can explain the significance of the blue indicator light I would be forever in your debt. I guess I could call the Netgear help line but that would take up most of the morning and I have to mow the lawn before lunch.

Thanks again for the prompt reply. Bill
Message 3 of 7
Aspirant

5GHZ light = "blue" indicates 5.0 GHZ radio is "on".
5GHZ light = "off" indicates 5.0 GHZ radio is "off".

I didn't receive a User Manual in the box 3 months ago. Since then NetGear Support has put one up for download. Download copy of WNDR4300 "User Manual" from NetGear download site. It answers many questions. Early in the manual is a description of the front, back & bottom of the router..
Message 4 of 7
Virtuoso

http://support.netgear.com/product/wndr4300

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR4300/WNDR4300_UM_5Dec12.pdf

Page 9

ALL your basic question is manual
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 7
Aspirant

Thanks for mentioning the User's Manual. It was exactly what I was looking for.

This it the first I've heard of it's existence. It answered all my questions and concerns about my new WNDR 4300 rounter.

It would have been nice if Netgear had mentioned the manual in the literature that came with the router. It would have saved Netgear and me a lot of time.

Bill
Message 6 of 7
Virtuoso

You "alwasy" read manual. People just do not read and ask for help. Smiley Happy

Glad you see the answer in the manual
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos