× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Information on labels doesn't match product shipped

mblanken
Aspirant

Information on labels doesn't match product shipped

Model WNR1000-100NAS

I just purchased four of these wi-fi routers and before opening the first box I went to my DHCP server and issued four static IP addresses to them... by MAC address.  I used the MAC address which was indicated on the box label.  Note that this box label matches the label which was applied to the bottom of the product itself.  So far, so good.

Unfortunately, within the advanced tab of the setup screens I notice that the MAC address is off by one. Oddly, the S/N number as registered matches the label.  The router then didn't get issued its static IP address since the label doesn't match reality.

So it looks like there is a conveyor belt somewhere and the assembly line's ethernet chip--issuing equipment is off from the label printers by one.

That said, I wanted to contact support either by email or phone but it looks like Netgear would rather that I publish this in a forum for everyone to see rather than supporting the product.

I don't need a response to this.  I just hope that eventually someone tells that assembly line... or adds a quality control step in the process.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mblanken
Aspirant

Re: Information on labels doesn't match product shipped

@ElaineM Okay then, I'd suggest putting two MAC addresses on the product labeling if that's the case.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @mblanken

There are 2 MAC Addresses available on the router. One for the LAN and the other is the wireless. 

Message 2 of 4
mblanken
Aspirant

@ElaineM Okay then, I'd suggest putting two MAC addresses on the product labeling if that's the case.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

By the way, thank you for that feedback I will forward it to the management. 

Have a great day!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7