× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet LED blinking AMBER

RjhasQuestions
Aspirant

Internet LED blinking AMBER

Hello. Here's my setup. TWC Internet service, Netgear CM400 modem, and Netgear AC1750-R6400. Service and products are only 2 weeks old and fireware is updated to most recent.

Everything went smooth when TWC came to setup my service, router setup was also a breeze. Well, the other day the power went out for about 15-20 mins. When the power came back on I noticed the routers Internet LED light was blinking Amber. I have disconnected the modem and router for about 1-2 minutes then plugged in modem first, once all lights are up, plugged in router but the Internet LED is still blinking Amber. I DO have Internet connection and it is still fast and responsive.

What can I do to fix this blinking Amber light and get it back to normal? Should I even be worried about this, since I still have a solid connection?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Internet LED blinking AMBER

Hi @jgold218,

1. What is the model number of your device?

2. Please make sure that your computer is able to go online when connected straight to the Comcast modem.

3. The amber Internet light indicates that there is no Internet access.

4. If you computer is able to go online when connected to the modem, you can try MAC spoofing. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RjhasQuestions,

1. Are you still able to access the router UI

2. Resetting the router and reconfiguring the settings may resolve the amber light issue. You may find the link below helpful.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RjhasQuestions,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 11
RjhasQuestions
Aspirant

I'm sorry I have been out of the country. I will be back home tomorrow and reset my router. I will update you if it works or not. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
Message 4 of 11
RjhasQuestions
Aspirant

I reset the router using the reset button on the back of the router but the internet light is still blinking AMBER.
Message 5 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

try a different cable blinking orange may mean the connection is 10~100 not 1000m

Login to router status to view the connections

Message 6 of 11
RjhasQuestions
Aspirant

I was running the cable that came with the router so I switched it to the cable that came with my modem. The Internet light still blinked AMBER. I logged onto Netgear Genie onto my computer, did another reboot from there and the Internet light is still blinking. Any other ideas or am I going to need to exchange product for a new one? As I stated in my original post, I have Internet connection, but this light is just bothering me knowing it's not supposed to be like that. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Message 7 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Blinking IS not a problem! Blinking means data is passing through router

Amber Means 10~100 which is also Not a problem, I asked you check the status of WAN port which you did not. The wan port could be connecting at 10~100 because of a modem issue.

You can test the ports by running a cable from WAN to LAN and then power cycle the WAN should light up solid white.

Since you have service Focus on the modem reset it. Depending on your service level your ISP may have switched the WAN port to 10~100 These changes will appear when the modem is reset if that's the case. Connect a pc with a gigabyte lan card see what it connects at when connecting to modem port.

Message 8 of 11
jgold218
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue. I have power cycled both the modem and router numerous times, called Comcast numerous times and determined it was not a Comcast issue. I have changed the Ethernet cable each time and still no connection to wifi.

Does the amber blinking light mean there is no wifi connection?
Message 9 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jgold218,

1. What is the model number of your device?

2. Please make sure that your computer is able to go online when connected straight to the Comcast modem.

3. The amber Internet light indicates that there is no Internet access.

4. If you computer is able to go online when connected to the modem, you can try MAC spoofing. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 10 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jgold218,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7