× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet LED not turning solid green

AliKDM
Aspirant

Internet LED not turning solid green

I recently tried setting up my NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900. The install guide that came with it says after connecting the wires. It might take 10 minutes for the Internet LED light to turn solid green. Its been days and all it does is blink and shut off.

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet LED not turning solid green

You have the C7100v?

Did you call your isp to have it activated?

or go through the activation wizard?

who's your isp?

Message 2 of 6
AliKDM
Aspirant

No, I have the C7000. I tried to activate it with my ISP, but there saying the router modem needs to be turned on and running before they can activate it. The green Internet LED must be solid green before trying to activate it. I tried activating with Nighthawk app, even there saying the router modem appears offline.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. the "internet" icon won't stay green until activated

2. Does the power led stay solid green? 

3. do you have it connected to the coax entering the home? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I've regularly seen where people didn't have the coax connected properly or the coax runs through the home but is unhooked in a utility room

4. If the isp can't see it, it might not be connected. 

5. if you connect a pc/laptop to it, (not app/wireless) are you able to log into the c7000?

Message 4 of 6
AliKDM
Aspirant

Yes, the power LED stays solid green. Yes, the Coax cable is coming from the home. When I connect my laptop and iphone to the network I am able to log into the Netgear Genie. On their it says the Cabe Connection is still in progress. Looking deeply in their it also says, "Modem is offline, please check RF connection."

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

thats a good sign. It means the modem/router is on and working. Its just not getting a signal from your isp and/or isn't potentially activated. 

You need to find out where the coax enters the home and direct connect there. Then try to activate it. 

During activate, you should see 1 channel locked on the cable connections page. That's the channel that the ISP's use for activation. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7