× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet constantly auto disconnects after connecting any device

advaait
Follower

Internet constantly auto disconnects after connecting any device

Hi all, I purchased a Netgear JR6150 Wireless Router two days ago, and since then whenever I connect any of my devices to it (especially my Dell 5559 Windows Laptop), after a while, the internet automatically disconnects and reconnects after a few moments. I connect to the router using WiFi from all my devices. The internet LED turns blank for a while and turns amber and then green. It lasts for longer when I'm connected with my iPhone, Motorola or Samsung cell phones. I bought this router as an upgrade to my old Netgear N150 router which didn't face this issue when used it again. I've upgraded its firmware to the latest version and tried the factory reset as well, to no avail. The range is supposed to be much larger but that doesn't seem to be the case with this one as the N150 easily outperforms it (You can connect to it from the bus stop which is 50 meters away). However, that seems to be least of my worries now as there isn't a stable internet connection. I haven't made any changes to the router's settings other than the ISP provided username and password. Any suggestions to change my laptop's adapter configuration or the router's configuration would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Model: JR6150|AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Internet constantly auto disconnects after connecting any device

Hi @advaait,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried changing the Ethernet cable that connects the modem to the router?

3. Try doing a loop back test to make sure that the WAN port on the router is not broken. This link may help.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @advaait,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried changing the Ethernet cable that connects the modem to the router?

3. Try doing a loop back test to make sure that the WAN port on the router is not broken. This link may help.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @advaait,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7