× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet not working

AngiesGirl
Aspirant

Internet not working

The power is on, 2.5 and 5ghz are lit but the internet light is not working. Tried reset, restarting, unplugging.....nothing seems to work.
Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet not working

Have you check to see if the internet is working at the modem? Try hardwiring into it to see if its a modem problem or a router problem. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you check to see if the internet is working at the modem? Try hardwiring into it to see if its a modem problem or a router problem. 

Message 2 of 4
AngiesGirl
Aspirant

I have tried that. I'm wondering if it's the result of a storm we had today. I shut everything down for a while.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Storms are good at wrecking stuff. But there's some troubleshooting you can try.

1. you said you directly connected to the modem. Did it work? do you have internet at the modem?

2. If so, then troubleshoot the router. Easiest way is to factory reset it in case something was corrupted during the storm.

hold reset button for 7-10 seconds until the lights change. Then you'll need to reset it back up. do it manually. See if this works. 

3. If it doesn't, try reloading the firmware. If you can access the router, go in an manually reinstall the firmware. Occassionally this will help. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3400v2.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7