× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it typical to have to reboot a netgear router a lot?

RockyPeli
Follower

Is it typical to have to reboot a netgear router a lot?

I have a netgear nighthawk R6700v3 which I got as an upgrade to a cheapo d-link that worked just fine. I've had this netgear since late december and it seems like it's been glitchy all along. Like I have to reboot it at least once per week. Is that typical? I've talked to netgear support about it but they aren't much help, they just had me set the channels to something other than Auto. I live in a suburban/rural area so there's not a whole lot of wifi or interference in the area.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Is it typical to have to reboot a netgear router a lot?

@RockyPeli wrote:

Like I have to reboot it at least once per week.

Why do you have to reboot it?

@RockyPeli wrote:

Is that typical?

No. But without knowing what is happening on your network, and why you feel the need to reboot, it is hard to say any more.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7