Is there a way to force my RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite to communicate via the 5 GHz band?

NikolajLunoe
Aspirant

Is there a way to force my RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite to communicate via the 5 GHz band?

Is there a way to force my Orbi RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite to communicate via channels on the 5 GHz band?

In my area, there is heavy traffic at all channels on the 2.5 GHz band ― but little communication via 5 GHz.

My three Wi-Fi devices (two radio streamers and one smartphone) appear to always connect via 5 GHz.

Whenever they connect to my RBR50 Router, everything works fine. But once they switch to the RBS50 Satellite, streaming is interrupted about every five minutes ― despite the fact that Router and Satellite are located a mere 15 meters (50 feet) apart (at the same floor) ― and each time the state of disconnection lasts about a minute or two.

The RBS50 Satellite displays orange and violet lights very frequently.

The reason for these difficulties appears obvious: My Router and Satellite ALWAYS connect via a 2.5 GHz channel.

They NEVER switch to a 5 GHz channel.

I can see that when I log onto http://www.routerlogin.net/index.htm.

Hence my question: Is there a way to force my Orbi RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite to communicate via channels on the 5 GHz band?

The latest firmware version 2.5.2.4 has been installed on both appliances.

I would be most grateful for any suggestion!

Kind regards,

Nikolaj Lunoe

(Copenhagen, Denmark)

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E