× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is there any way to stop having to re-flash firmware on R6300v1?

Initiate

Is there any way to stop having to re-flash firmware on R6300v1?

Every time I shut the router off, or power goes out (for whatever reason), I get the flashing green light of death. Super annoying. It's a pain having to re-flash firmware. I see many people have had this problem with the Netgear.. Wondering if anyone knows if there is any solution to my pain other than going back to DLink?
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

That indicates firmware corruption. Did you get a fresh copy of the fw from the NG site? Are you uploading via wired, or wireless? Had same issue with my 6300 once. Grabbed a fresh copy of fw from NG site and uploaded via ethernet connected device to the 6300. Never had the issue again. Once you have successfully updated the router, reset to factory default and reconfigure.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

That indicates firmware corruption. Did you get a fresh copy of the fw from the NG site? Are you uploading via wired, or wireless? Had same issue with my 6300 once. Grabbed a fresh copy of fw from NG site and uploaded via ethernet connected device to the 6300. Never had the issue again. Once you have successfully updated the router, reset to factory default and reconfigure.

Message 2 of 3
Initiate

ahh! that worked! Thanks netwrks! I was missing the reset to factory default step I think. Just followed your instructions, and now I can power off the router and it turns back on again with no flashing green light of death! Thanks!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7