Is there such thing as a reliable router out there

mccltd
Aspirant

Is there such thing as a reliable router out there

Hi,

After owning a DG834g then two draytek vigor routers and now a DGN2200 is there such thing as a reliable router where I don't have to hope and wait for a fix from a new firmware. Oh and we don't want the new firmware breaking something else.

I'm on my 2nd DGN2200, first one the psu fried and now this one keeps dropping connections and I have to reboot many times a day.

Also whats the difference between a V3 and v1 ?

Being that I sell computer hardware I need to find a reliable router to sell and so far haven't found one.
Message 1 of 5
PhilipR
Aspirant

Re: Is there such thing as a reliable router out there

I have had 3 very reliable ADSL2+ modem/routers.

Netgear DG834G v2, about 6-8 years old, often stays connected for 6 weeks, running DG Team firmware. Still in use.

Netgear WNDR3700 v1 (is not a modem) used as a Access Point with DG834G v2 has always been stable. Still in use. Wireless speed is great.

Netgear DGND3700 - Netgear, had for 8 weeks, has never dropped a connection. Wireless speed is great, easy to setup.

My own experience with these modems is that they do a very good on low line attenuation connections. Telco Telstra caused line downstream attenuation dropouts to ZERO has been the only problem that I have had, 15 visits by Telstra finally fixed their line issue.
Message 2 of 5
kfocht
Aspirant

I used linksys for many years without a problem. Wish I could say the same for Netgear. I've got a DGN2200 and it drops my connection as often as every 2-3 minutes. And, it rarely delivers anything close to the download speed I pay for. In my opinion, stay away from Netgear.
Message 3 of 5
paulyham
Aspirant

kfocht wrote:
I used linksys for many years without a problem. Wish I could say the same for Netgear. I've got a DGN2200 and it drops my connection as often as every 2-3 minutes. And, it rarely delivers anything close to the download speed I pay for. In my opinion, stay away from Netgear.

I second that on my second DGN2200 had nothing but problems with both of them too hot, never connecting 1st time, wireless dropping etc.
Message 4 of 5
mccltd
Aspirant

so what routers are you using?
I have to reboot my dgn2200 every couple of days as the internet just gets slower and slower.
Then after a reboot, bam up it goes again.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E