JNR1010 not able to connect PC and Reset not working

GautamVegad
Follower

JNR1010 not able to connect PC and Reset not working

Sir,

I have NETGEAT JNR1010 Router. I can't connect with PC via eathernet cable or WIFI and Reset is not working. Default gateway is missing. Please help to solve the problem

Model: JNR1010|Router BRIC N150 4 port
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: JNR1010 not able to connect PC and Reset not working

That's quite an old router. Manufactured in 2012 I believe. What do the lights do? color/blinking/etc. 

You've got a couple options.

1. Try the reset again. While powered up, hold reset for 30 seconds. Power it down while still holding reset for 30 seconds. power it back up all while holding the reset for 30 seconds. Basically don't let off the reset button. See if that works.

2. If it doesn't you can try recovering it with a tftp procedure. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

3. Still not working? It could be bad. It is 7 years old. Its an older n150 router. It might be time for a new one. 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 2 of 3

Re: JNR1010 not able to connect PC and Reset not working

@plemans wrote:

That's quite an old router. Manufactured in 2012 I believe.

Seriously old.

According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

And wifi is limited to a slow version of 2.4GHz.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements