LAN address reservation problems and other oddities

realKHz
Aspirant

LAN address reservation problems and other oddities

I've just picked up a 3700v1 and have it up and running, though I've been struggling to set up reserved ip addresses on LAN.
my pc kept on giving me a failure message, saying that the address range is outside 192.168.0.1-254, which it clearly wasn't.

anyway, i managed to get the router to reserve them by going in with my laptop and doing it on there. no prob's.
however, when i went to edit the addresses on the pc, the page came back with another failure, spouting garbled mac addresses, with odd characters.:confused:

also, i've noticed that when i go into the router gui, it often fails to display the help info on the right side of the screen and just shows "website can't be found"

i've just discovered another way to access the router, rather than the usual 192.168.0.1, route which is http://www.routerlogin.net/start.htm
going into the router this way allows me to reserve the lan ip's and loads the help pages.

does anyone know what this is about? why can't i make the changes when going in using the ip address of the router?
Message 1 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: LAN address reservation problems and other oddities

Mine was categorized as router latency and qualified for an rma. I would do the traditional save your configs and paperclip reset your modem since its been a poop shoot on this issue and it may fix your problem.

I set my cell phone to a reserved name and still get 7 reserved addresses for it in attached devices but I since meh'd the issue in my case as a behind the scene thing that doesn't affect too much for me. Its probably more noticeable in an office environment which leads to ip address conflicts when reservations aren't followed.

Reset, see if it works , if not email/call netgear and join the case list:rolleyes:.
If its fixed after reset, let us know.

TBC...Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
realKHz
Aspirant

Re: LAN address reservation problems and other oddities (SOLVED)

thanks for your response techman.

weirdly, once i was able to connect and make changes through routerlogin.net, i was then able to make changes through 192.168.....
it's been connected all night with no dropouts and seems ok.

i have a few issues with the router, which are really just small inconveniences now, such as having to update the router after making any changes.

i am pleased to say that it syncs at a slightly higher speed, and the actual speed is considerably higher, so that's good
Message 3 of 7
realKHz
Aspirant

another thing i have noticed is web pages partially loading, or red x'ing pics, from time to time.
any ideas anyone?
Message 4 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

Bad dns or ISP showing old cached pages?
Message 5 of 7
realKHz
Aspirant

yeah, that's probably it.
i should give open dns a go
Message 6 of 7
albgen
Aspirant

realKHz wrote:
I've just picked up a 3700v1 and have it up and running, though I've been struggling to set up reserved ip addresses on LAN.
my pc kept on giving me a failure message, saying that the address range is outside 192.168.0.1-254, which it clearly wasn't.

Hi,
Me too had the same problem. Solved upgrading the firmware to the latest one which is the V17 and i have used Internet Explorer!
It seems that with chrome the web interface of this router has problems,
regards
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements