Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Lack of Netgear Support?

I have a Netgear R6300v2 but lately with tbe support I have been getting from Netgear, it's really bad. Recently, I have been having outages with my ISP (AT&T Uverse) and after the AT&T Residential Gateway recovers the R6300v2 will not reconnect unless it too is restarted. I thought once signal was detected it was supposed to reconnect automagically? Plus my hardware expires in July so I would hope after spending a small fortune on this router, Netgear would man up and support this. Maybe as several other posters have stated, maybe it's time to move to a better class of device that's NOT Netgear? They seem to have forgotten who drives their bottom line - its the customer beit business, SOHO, or end users. I have an older Dlink router that still functions when the Netgear is out to lunch.
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Lack of Netgear Support?

Most router not just netgear needs to reboot in order to refresh the connection if the connection from the modem is updated.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Having issues with netgear suport also...

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Albertsithlord,

Welcome to the community!

How can I help you with your NETGEAR concern?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Dexter, thanks for your interest.

Case is, I tried to get support from Netgear online, and they just moved me across operators and it finished with no answer.

Just to not mess the topic here, follows where I posted my issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/I-have-2-WNDR4500v2-cabled-and-it-stopped-to-con...

Thanks !

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Albertsithlord,

I believe one of the moderators already provided a response to your post. Please continue with that thread.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements