× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lcp issues

Jebk
Aspirant

Lcp issues

hi guys. I have an issue with lcp dropping occasionally. I know this because i lose a handshake with an external server. If i just hit apply on basic settings without changing anything, all comes good. Anyone know what process on the router is actually huped / restarted. If i am at home i can do this manually but its awkward when i am at the office and need to access home if this happens

thanks

Message 1 of 4

And your Netgear device is?

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
Jebk
Aspirant

Well, that was dumb of me wasn't it. Dgnd3300n

yeah I got the manual and read from cover to cover but they don't go into the running processes or what the "apply" button actually does on the basic settings page on a programmatic level. Perhaps its a tall ask but my idea was to script a check with an external service and restart lcp if necessary or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Message 3 of 4

@Jebk wrote:

Well, that was dumb of me wasn't it. Dgnd3300n

That dates back to 2009. Manuals back then were not what you would call user friendly.

The sort of thing you are looking for might be best covered in one of those techie groups where people dismantle devices for the heck of it. There aren't that many "hackers" here who get deeply into that sort of stuff.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer Internet services and most modern network hardware. So I doubt of there are many people still playing with these things.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7