× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Like many others before me, I still cannot get my AC750 wifi range extender to connect to internet

JCat1
Follower

Like many others before me, I still cannot get my AC750 wifi range extender to connect to internet

Since purchased new, I have been unable to successfully connect this range extender to the internet. It has successfully connected to my Nighthawk R8500 router and can put out a strong signal in both 5 and 2.4ghz. This has been the case on multiple routers all which have been Nighthawk and on 3 different ISP's. Support will not acknowledge this is a widespread faulty hardware issue and responds with, "I must purchase the extended service support" in order for my hardware to be evaluated. I am hopeful that this message is seen by someone at netgear that has the ability to review this as faulty manufactured parts and can replace this with a new wifi extender.

• Hardware Version: EX3700
  • Firmware Version: V1.0.0.64_1.0.43

I try to update firmware and same response is presented "connect your device to the internet and try again".

But it is connected to the internet! Please Help!

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Like many others before me, I still cannot get my AC750 wifi range extender to connect to intern

You can manually update the firmware on the EX3700. I'd recommend hardwiring into it to do so. Just disable the wireless on the device you connect to the extender so it doesn't default back to the wireless connection. 

There's even a video on the support site showing using the wizard and the manual update process. 

get the firmware and watch the video here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ex3700

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7