× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Locked out of c6300 router

Answerplease
Aspirant

Locked out of c6300 router

Log into 192.168.0.1 the login popup comes up, use the admin and password and it says it does not recognize it.  The recovery screen eventually pops up and gives me the EXACT username and password I just tried.. try it again and it says it does not recognize it.  Reset the modem and the same thing happens.  How can I get into the modem/router with using a hammer !!!  This seems to be an issue with Netgear equipment after a couple of years.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Answerplease
Aspirant

Its the damn browser.. firefox won't allow you to log in for some reason. Had to try Edge ( which sucks) and it worked)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Answerplease
Aspirant

Its the damn browser.. firefox won't allow you to log in for some reason. Had to try Edge ( which sucks) and it worked)

Message 2 of 5

Firefox was probably remembering an old password.

Try the Firefox lockwise extension.

Message 3 of 5
Answerplease
Aspirant

Firefox was not remembering an old password I don't allow browsers to do that. I was able to access it through FF a few months ago.. they must have pushed an update either for the router or FF that screwed up the ability.. I find it odd though that I can access it through edge.
Message 4 of 5

@Answerplease wrote:
they must have pushed an update either for the router

You can probably rule out that one. The C6300 is a cable modem/router – so your message is really in the wrong place – which means that it is down to the Internet service provider to push out updates and most ISPs don't bother with that.

Here's the official line:

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

You could check with your ISP, but they probably won't know what you are talking about.

@Answerplease wrote:
FF that screwed up the ability.. I find it odd though that I can access it through edge.

They have certainly been messing around with Firefox. I have also seen strange behaviour. It hasn't kept me out of my router, but I have had to mess around with permissions. At least they are easier to get at now.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7