× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for suitable device

sasha123
Aspirant

Looking for suitable device

I don't have enough knowledge about what device I am looking but I got a tip to look here. I live on a yacht and I am looking for a device which works with a sim but have a broad area of receptions which can support me with high cellular data when im on shore and with broad area of transmission so my neighbors could connect to it too (approximately they live 2 meters from me but if they are inside their yacht it could get to 15-20 meters from the location of the router I want to get, so it would mean I need something which can get through walls pretty good and give the best signal possibly given).
And if possible something which supports 5g
Sorry for troubling and thanks in advance 🙂
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Looking for suitable device

You have to keep in mind that its only going to work where you get cellular reception. 

If you're looking for a hotspot, there's the MR5200 being released with 5g 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/mobilerouters/mr5200.aspx

Message 2 of 6
sasha123
Aspirant

Does it work with orbi ac or something similar?
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@sasha123 wrote:
Does it work with orbi ac or something similar?

Does the hotspot?

Not sure exactly what you're asking here?

Message 4 of 6
sasha123
Aspirant

As I mentioned I am looking for a solution wich can support an area of approximately 20m of receptions so my neighbors could connect to it too and still get a good wifi connection.
I saw another product (netgear orbi 4g lte) which works with orbi ac to solve this same problem (of distance from the router and walls in between), and as I said I am looking for something which works with 5g and only the product you shared here works with it but the question if it would work with wifi range extenderes or not like the nethear orbi 4g lte
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

You're correct in the orbi is only 4G. 

Once thing to keep in mind with the MR5200 is that it always has an ethernet port. So you could always connect another router to it if you needed a better router for broadcasting. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7