× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for wireless access point or router with a Wi-Fi switch

RaymondHng
Aspirant

Looking for wireless access point or router with a Wi-Fi switch

I'm looking for a particular Netgear wireless access point (preferred) or wireless router with a hardware switch on the side that turns on/off the Wi-Fi feature. This model must have this hardware switch.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Looking for wireless access point or router with a Wi-Fi switch

R7000 Page 11. Supports AP mode.

R6300 Page 9. Support AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
netwrks
Master

R7000 Page 11. Supports AP mode.

R6300 Page 9. Support AP mode.

Message 2 of 8
RaymondHng
Aspirant

Thanks. The model WNDR4500 has the same feature and it has a gigibit switch as well.

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The 4500 is a lemon.

Message 4 of 8
RaymondHng
Aspirant

How is it a lemon? I have heard no complaints from the owner of the 4500 since it was installed in August.

Message 5 of 8
netwrks
Master

Should really be moving away from all the W Series routers. Time to embrace the newer hardware. From looking at this forum, I would say about 70-80% of the issues are with the W Series routers..

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's my opinion based on the post I've read since it was released. I never owned one ( but did own 2-3700 and 2 4000's)  but that basic design didn't change from the wndr3700 to the Wndr4500. The range was / is very short compared to R series wedges and finally the R series with external antennas.

Message 7 of 8
netwrks
Master

Agreed. I have an R6300v1, doing light duty these days, and, it has served me well. Only once I had an issue wth corrupted firmware, (flashing green power light) in which I was real lucky and was able to reload fw and reset to facotry default. That was the extent of any issues on the R6300. I have two R7000's (running in two different homes) running the latest Xvortex fw and nothing really to complain about, so far. Soon, they will both be AP's running in the same environment.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7