Reply

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

POKWANG
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

@Joe

thanks Joe!...

yes i've been reading up on the forums...AVS and Netgear..

it took me a while to decide if i was going for 3800 or 4500...

and i'm thinking that my adapter is not really for 5G

thanks again i will follow and post any issues....
Message 51 of 201
EBOLAVIRS
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

It does seem that dropping the speed to the 54 setting stops the disconnects. They did persist even after the updated firmware. Trouble is, I did not purchase this router to not have N speeds. I hear the WNDR4500 has similar issues. Whoever beta tests Netgear products should no longer be involved in such testing. To have three products in a row, flagship products, have these kind of issues is unacceptable......
Message 52 of 201
Cybercare
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Can everyone give this FW a try for me and post results

ftp://netgear:netgear@ftp.myweb.hinet.net/WNDR3800-V1.0.0.23-RC4.img

Its ver .23 (its not final) but should includes fixes from .19 as well as some AP Mode issues. It may also include some other ones but just want to see how things stand with it with a few more people using (aka testing) it.
Message 53 of 201
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Cybercare wrote:
Can everyone give this FW a try for me and post results

ftp://netgear:netgear@ftp.myweb.hinet.net/WNDR3800-V1.0.0.23-RC4.img

Its ver .23 (its not final) but should includes fixes from .19 as well as some AP Mode issues. It may also include some other ones but just want to see how things stand with it with a few more people using (aka testing) it.


It will be illegal to share at beta firmware is provided by the support for individuals!!

you are violating the beat firmware policy.!!!
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 54 of 201
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

looks like netgear has PUBLICLY released
http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19563


For those like to help other user, still you are NOT allow to post ftp url for beta firmware under the beta firmware policy so please do NOT share until NETGEAR SUPPORT PUBLICLY released the firmware
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 55 of 201
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

sorry.. post wrong info...
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 56 of 201
JGR
Novice
Novice

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Illicit or not, the V1.0.0.23-RC4 firmware still does not appear to solve the dropped connections issue. I have the same behavior occurring after 2 hours, "limited access" to the internet which is restored once I use my smartphone to connect. I don't know if it was the DHCP request or the adding of the NAT rule by the router but it does appear to unstick something. Running in upto 300Mb/s mode on the 2.4GHz. When it was restored, the connection bandwidth had dropped from 108Mb/s to less than 10Mb/s. I restarted the wireless client and dropped the router down to up to 130Mb/s but now I can only get connected at 52Mb/s.
I'll try some more tests but the overall conclusion is that this firmware still has issues.
Message 57 of 201
FrankP99
Novice

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

How are you measureing your connect speed? Thanks
Message 58 of 201
EBOLAVIRS
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

JGR wrote:
Illicit or not, the V1.0.0.23-RC4 firmware still does not appear to solve the dropped connections issue. I have the same behavior occurring after 2 hours, "limited access" to the internet which is restored once I use my smartphone to connect. I don't know if it was the DHCP request or the adding of the NAT rule by the router but it does appear to unstick something. Running in upto 300Mb/s mode on the 2.4GHz. When it was restored, the connection bandwidth had dropped from 108Mb/s to less than 10Mb/s. I restarted the wireless client and dropped the router down to up to 130Mb/s but now I can only get connected at 52Mb/s.
I'll try some more tests but the overall conclusion is that this firmware still has issues.


It is strange, I have moved all the devices that I can to the 5ghz band, that side seems to be bulletproof. I am testing the 2.4ghz band with just my laptop and printer with the new .23 firmware. I can't imagine how a bug this huge on the most common band made it through testing....hopefully the new firmware fixes it.
Message 59 of 201
EBOLAVIRS
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Update to my previous post, the new firmware does not stop the dropouts. Still get DNS drops after about an hour or so, actually did not seem to change anything.
Message 60 of 201
Paul1973
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

EBOLAVIRS wrote:
Update to my previous post, the new firmware does not stop the dropouts. Still get DNS drops after about an hour or so, actually did not seem to change anything.


stopped em cold here going on 7 days now...
Message 61 of 201
bjhelton
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

This the reply I got back from Netgear in regards to the 2.4 network disconnecting.

"Upon reviewing the data you have provided, I have narrowed down your issue to a hardware problem with your product"
Message 62 of 201
MRWaynesWorld
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

bjhelton wrote:
This the reply I got back from Netgear in regards to the 2.4 network disconnecting.

"Upon reviewing the data you have provided, I have narrowed down your issue to a hardware problem with your product"


Interesting... I wonder if they can nail it to a series of S/N that may be defective. Also how easy will netgear replace these defective units..
Message 63 of 201
EBOLAVIRS
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

MRWaynesWorld wrote:
Interesting... I wonder if they can nail it to a series of S/N that may be defective. Also how easy will netgear replace these defective units..


Interesting, I wonder if that is the issue I have and how many routers have it...
Message 64 of 201
Cybercare
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

I doubt its hardware, does putting it at 54meg resolve the issue for everyone? Some said it seems to though thats not the answer.

Anyway I think the problem with Netgear not seeing it is the way they are testing it.

Mine works fine but breaks under load. And like others have said 5GHz works great! just 2.4 has these issues. What is funny is I would expect it to be other way around. 2.4 is more common.
Message 65 of 201
bjhelton
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

They told me to return it to the store I bought it at since it has been under 30 days. I'mi leery of doing that and getting another one with the same issues since the store probably has several from the same batch.

I would rather give it a few more days and see if they can come up with a firmware fix.
Message 66 of 201
JGR
Novice
Novice

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

FrankP99 wrote:
How are you measureing your connect speed? Thanks


Windows 7 'status' on the wireless connection. Left click on the signal strength icon, then right click on the connected SSID and choose 'status'. You can watch the variation on connection speed as it negotiates.
Message 67 of 201
FrankP99
Novice

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Thanks I see the speed now. My router is set to 300 but I am only connected at 130 Smiley Sad
Message 68 of 201
Cybercare
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

FrankP99 wrote:
Thanks I see the speed now. My router is set to 300 but I am only connected at 130 Smiley Sad


Some network cards do not support the 300Mbps, and the ones that do, on the 2.4GHz you have to modify the property of the network card to enable it. 2.4GHz is hard to max out the speed because its a common freq and a lot of people and devices use similar.
Message 69 of 201
mjuliennow
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

Well - I've been up and running for over 2 weeks now without any major issues.
I'm on fw .18 and have
iMac on the 5Ghz network
iPad 1 on the 5Ghz network
3 Thinkpads of various generations on the 2.4Ghz network
3 blackberry's on the 2.4Ghz network
1 iPod on the 2.4 Ghz network
1 LG BD390C bluray player wire-connected
1 PS3 wire-connected.

I thought I had this problem on the initial setup but it must have just been an initial setup problem because I haven't had any network drops since.

I haven't had the 2.4Ghz disconect issues talked about elsewhere either...

In fact I'm wondering if my idle timeout parameter is working - I had originally set it to "never" and then set it to 60 mins - I also rebooted the router just to make sure. The connection status as of right now shows I've been connected for 5 days, 20 hours...maybe I have a device on my network that keeps waking up...

This post is really just to give everyone a sense that either I'm lucky or the problem may not be as prevalent as thought or there is some other force at play.
Message 70 of 201
MikeIL
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

mjuliennow wrote:


I haven't had the 2.4Ghz disconect issues talked about elsewhere either...



What speeds are your 2.4Ghz devices connected at? Are any above 54mbps?
Message 71 of 201
mjuliennow
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

MikeL - 2 of the laptops are running at G speeds (54Mbps) and one of the laptops is connecting at over 54Mbps, between 78-130Mbps...I don't tell what speeds the blackberrys are connecting at but am assuming G speeds...
Message 72 of 201
POKWANG
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

anyone having the same prob as me?.

can't log into routerlogin.net and/or 192.168.0.1

but inet and netgenie is fine

when on genie...it always hangs when I go to a configuration that needs UN and pw

thanks all!!

I've reset the router already
Message 73 of 201
POKWANG
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

nevermind...I got it...ty!....it was the wireless isolation checkbox....it must be unchecked on both bands
Message 74 of 201
jtimmyf
Aspirant

Re: Lost Internet Connection Issues with 3800

I just purchased my WNDR3800 a couple of day sago and am having the dropped connection problem reported here. Mine looses internet & local connection each morning. I assume it occurs during sometime early morning because it works till 12:00am each evening. In the morning I have to power cycle it to get it working. I'm on ver .18 firmware. Anyone have ideas for me to try?
Message 75 of 201
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E