MACS not connecting to R6400 Latest firmware

oakguy
Aspirant

MACS not connecting to R6400 Latest firmware

Noticing that my macs are seeing the SSID's but not connecting.  Not many windows machines in the house so not sure if they are affected.  iPhones work, but 3 macbook pros's are definitely seeing trouble at times connecting.  Rebooting the router gets them to connect.  Lots of devices and a slew of wired as well.  Latest firmware applied but never seen this issue before.  I will up my DHCP settings to lengthen the range as well.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: MACS not connecting to R6400 Latest firmware

How does "latest firmware" translate to a version number? These community contents remain in the net virtually forever.

Message 2 of 5
oakguy
Aspirant

1.0.1.36 and some change

Thanks!

Oakguy

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @oakguy,

Welcome to the community!

1. Have you tried resetting the router?

2. Does the issue persist on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

3. Have you tried changing the wireless channel on either bands?

4. Does the issue persist on other firmware versions?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
oakguy
Aspirant

Thanks for the note.  I felt thought possibly I have overwhelemd the router.  35 total connected devices with various smart home devices and automation, IP wired cameras, several raspberry pi display units and towers.  I'm a trader and vpn to work daily.  I need total uptime.  I ordered a R7500-200NAS usnit.  Should be here tomorrow.  Never had a router go off line after two years before.  I would actually wake up and see displays showing not connected to the network so I replaced it as it turned out that everything was affected.  I could reboot it and everything would reconnect.

Oakguy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements