MacBook Air (2010) CRASHING R6300!

JonDeutsch
Aspirant

MacBook Air (2010) CRASHING R6300!

When playing back videos on my MBA 2010 (particularly on the 5ghz radio), it ends up not only crashing the build-in WiFi on the MBA, but it also seems to kill off the entire 5Ghz radio in the router (main & guest 5Ghz SSID's are missing until I reboot)!

Anyone else seeing this? Netgear - how could this be? I've never seen a client crash a router's entire radio before.
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: MacBook Air (2010) CRASHING R6300!

forum is not support so bug report directly using my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
JonDeutsch
Aspirant

Thanks. I've done so. I thought I'd share their response to my issue:

Possible reason why you are experiencing this type of concern , you have to take inconsideration the memory capacity of the MacBook Air.

If you are using 5GHz network please be informed that 5Ghz network can only provide shorter range of signal. So if you are using this network make sure you are closer to the router to avoid being disconnected.

If you want to know more about the device please visit the link below:

http://support.netgear.com/product/R6300

Yeah, so the memory capacity of my MBA couldn't be further from the issue, and it's downright annoying to see support try to pivot. Not to mention a complete and utter lack of understanding of my issue (which I thought I was pretty specific in explaining).

Any way to get better support out of NetGear?
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

hard to believe the memory on air is an issues. I don't use 5Ghz on my 2011 air because the range is not good on 5ghz as nature and I only use 2.4ghz.

unless you got saturated area that you can not use 2.4ghz then you probably still need to work with support or swtich to 2.4ghz otherwise
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 5
drizzle
Aspirant

Have you tried changing channel for the 5Ghz? Is it also happening if you connect to the 2.4Ghz? You can try to reset the router, update the firmware (if it's not yet updated) or reflash it, this may help. I suggest you save the current settings of your router first before doing the reset.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E