× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mobile Wifi AC800S continually disconnects from the internet. PLEASE HELP!!

Magicstuffin
Follower

Mobile Wifi AC800S continually disconnects from the internet. PLEASE HELP!!

Please help!! I have an AirCard 800S supplied by optus. For the first month it worked fine. There is no nbn or ADSL available in my area and satellite service is just not good enough the speed is awful. Optus provided my mobile broadband modem and for the past 11 months it has just disconnects from the internet constantly.

I have followed all troubleshooting suggestions that optus has provided, nothing has helped. I have had the sim replaced and this didn't work the issue came back. Now I am factory resetting my unit multiple times a day. This is awful as I cannot name my device nor can I make my connection secure with a password (not that this matters as I have no internet connection)

I have purchased a mobile booster antenna ($300+) and I live close to the tower and when connectionto my AirCard I have full strength.

Optus is now telling me that my address would always have a weak signal if not any at all (suspected excuse as it has taken them 12 months to mention it). My neighbour, who is currently on the same plan has no issues at all but has a different modem.

I feel my issue is hardware, my AC800S is faulty. Can someone recommend a different router/modem that can take a sim card and has external antenna ports? Or any other things I can try to get my back online.

I can't understand why I can use my mobile phone without issue, on the same mobile network but have constant disconnection.

Please I'm at the end of my tether and ready to give up on having internet (streaming tv or even just checking emails aaarrrgh)
Message 1 of 2
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Mobile Wifi AC800S continually disconnects from the internet. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi @Magicstuffin ,

What APN are you using with your Optus SIM?  Can you try forcing the device to LTE All?  On LCD:

- Tap Settings>Broadband>Band Region>LTE All

Regards,

ArodiD

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7