× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model AC1900 Router - no wifi after power outage (internet ok)

goldenmom3533
Aspirant

Model AC1900 Router - no wifi after power outage (internet ok)

I have a router that is just less than a year old (AC 1900).  Last Friday there was a power outage in the neighborhood, a blown transformer.  In tandem, we received notices that there was an internet outage.  After internet was restored several hours later, my computer (hard wired) eventually had internet restored but our devices did not get wifi back (we have a Roku smart tv, two iphones and a macbook).  

I have had multiple calls with advanced technical support of my internet provider and they say everything looks fine.  I have done all of the basics (I've re-set the router about 10 times now).  On the phones, we've done the "forget this wifi" and then re login.  (Yes, I can see the router on my phone but it says "no internet connection").  I guess I've come to the conclusion that my router was somehow damaged by whatever happened?

Anything else I can do?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
goldenmom3533
Aspirant

Re: Model AC1900 Router - no wifi after power outage (internet ok)

Thank you.

I am not entirely sure what these terms mean but I'll try:

1. C7100V (hoping that's the model)

2. I'm on a Windows 10 PC

3. I have xfinity (home) internet

4. Yes that's correct - from my iphone I can see the (Netgear63) but it says "no internet connection".  The router light looks fine and the diagnostics done by xfinity indicated everything was fine and signal strength (or speed?) was excellent

And again, my hardwired computer is running fine ...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what actual router do you have? AC1900 is a speed, not a model. 

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

4. Its still broadcasting wifi but giving you a "connected, no internet" notice? Is that correct?

Message 2 of 5
goldenmom3533
Aspirant

Thank you.

I am not entirely sure what these terms mean but I'll try:

1. C7100V (hoping that's the model)

2. I'm on a Windows 10 PC

3. I have xfinity (home) internet

4. Yes that's correct - from my iphone I can see the (Netgear63) but it says "no internet connection".  The router light looks fine and the diagnostics done by xfinity indicated everything was fine and signal strength (or speed?) was excellent

And again, my hardwired computer is running fine ...

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

thats a bit more challenge as its a modem/router combo device. And power surges can corrupt things. 

What you can try. 

1. try factory resetting it. Maybe a setting was corrupted in the surge. A factory reset can clear it out and potentially fix it. 

2. if its a firmware corruption, thats harder as only the ISP can push the firmware to it. You can call them and see if they'll re-provision it as sometimes that'll reinstall firmware to it. If its a corrupt firmware issue, it might help

Message 4 of 5
goldenmom3533
Aspirant

thank you immensely I will try that - appreciate your assistance!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7