× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Monitor Data usage by device LB1120

ShawnMoran
Aspirant

Monitor Data usage by device LB1120

I have Verizon LTE sevice.  Currently using LB1120 modem, and WNDR3400 (DD-WRT).  I am looking to monitor data usage by device.  I don't mind entertaining upgrading hardware.  What are my best options?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

How should the LB1120 Modem operating between Internet and a NAT router WAN/Internet port - where it will never see the LAN IP addresses resp. the local network devices - count data usage by LAN device?

Yes, the LB1120 has a tiny NAT router feature, but this is very limited - primary use is (in my opinion) as a transparent MODEM-type device. Considering no Netgear router has this feature (!!!) it's hard to provide an advise towards an alternate router product.

Message 2 of 5
ShawnMoran
Aspirant

I understand the LB1120 does not provide data per device.  I am asking for a router/wifi router that can provide data per device.  My internet connection is LTE/4G, and the amount of data transmitted by device, is my greatest concern.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@ShawnMoran wrote:

I am asking for a router/wifi router that can provide data per device.

As I wrote before, permitting the old grey cells are right:

"Considering no Netgear router has this feature (!!!) it's hard to provide an advise towards an alternate router product."

Wonder on which planet Negear's consumer router product managers are living. This was requested soooo many times before.

Message 4 of 5
ShawnMoran
Aspirant

thx for the reply.  let me be more specific.  Is there a Business class router that provides data usage per device?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7