× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mutliple Failed Logins on router

sotackd
Aspirant

Mutliple Failed Logins on router

I have C3700v2 (not listed above) and logs indicate that the Ethernet connected PC has several failed logins to the router. I have reset the Admin password to a hardened password.

I have checked the Windows 10 PC and its Avast Virus software is up date and Full scan shows nothing. Any ideas as to why this is occuring? How to fix?

[FAILURE: User interface login ]94Mon Oct 11 13:10:15 2021192.168.0.1:80192.168.0.5:50285
[FAILURE: User interface login ]88Wed Oct 13 22:50:52 2021192.168.0.1:80192.168.0.5:63537
Model: CVG824G|Wireless Cable Voice Gateway
Message 1 of 4

Re: Mutliple Failed Logins on router

@sotackd wrote:

I have C3700v2 (not listed above) and logs indicate that the Ethernet connected PC has several failed logins to the router. I have reset the Admin password to a hardened password.

Is it just the logs that show this behaviour? Does something on the network lose a connection?

Have you tracked down whatever device has that IP address? Does it show any symptoms?

While many issues are common to most routers, in this case the C3700v2  is a cable modem/router, which may make a difference.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 4
sotackd
Aspirant

Is it just the logs that show this behaviour? Does something on the network lose a connection?

Have you tracked down whatever device has that IP address? Does it show any symptoms?

It's a Windows 10 PC attached to the router via ethernet. I have found no issues on the attached PC it is up to date as far as Windows patches and Avast Virus updates. A full virus scan is clean. My brother in law uses the PC daily and has no issues. All other devices connect wirelessly and seem to be fine. I was thinking Avast does this as part of a vulnerability scan but have not found anything on the web to indicate this.

Model: Dual Band
Message 3 of 4

Netgear's logging process is not the most capable in the world.

There may also be something happening that triggers an event without doing much else.

That is why I asked about any other manifestations of these log entries.

If you see nothing untoward, I'd just ignore it.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7