• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

My R6220 Doesn't Show My Drobo

I just bought the R6220, was using a Cisco router. The new Netgear router sees all my devices (tablets, phones, other PCs) except the Drobo FS. If I plug in the old router it sees the Drobo. Switch to the Netgear router and the Drobo dashboard can't detect nor does Genie see it. Drobo is wired of course. Plugged in direct.

Any ideas on why the router doesn't see the Drobo?
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My R6220 Doesn't Show My Drobo

Is the Drobo set to use DHCP?
Highlighted
Aspirant

I suppose it is. Maybe I should hook up the old router and see if that setting shows up and what it's set to. The only thing all I did was swap out routers and everything else shows up.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

The Drobo might have a static IP from the pervious router.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

The advice was sound. I'm one step closer. Using the old router I was able to set the Drobo to DHCP.

Back on the new Neatgear router the Drobo dashboard now detects the Drobo. The drive appears as a network device now but I can't access it. I get the "Error the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

After fiddling and fiddling I had to reboot the router then reboot the Drobo. I'm back up and running. Thanks guys.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It’s not unusual for there to be security issues when a LAN is changed, particularly a subnet change as your original issue suggests. This is normally easily resolved by actions such as logging into the device again.

Anyway, good to see that you are back up and running.