× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My VPN Connection to my Office Network is getting lost after switching to new Netgear Modem Router

Dinil
Follower

My VPN Connection to my Office Network is getting lost after switching to new Netgear Modem Router

Hi

I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to stablish a VPN Connection from my Home network(Wifi) using my Laptop to my Office Network. Everything was working fine until I bought and switched to the new Netgear Modem(C6900 - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router). Now my VPN connection is frequently getting lost(auto diconnecting and reconnecting every 1 - 2 minutes) if I use this modem(configured to use both 5G and 2G). I am not seeing any issues if I use a different modem in the same home Wifi network or switch to my nearest Xfinity/Comcast Hotspot Wifi network. Could you please provide some insight on this issue and how this can be fixed ?

Thanks!

Dinil

Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My VPN Connection to my Office Network is getting lost after switching to new Netgear Modem R...

Hi @Dinil, apologies for the delayed response. It is possible that you may need to configure the port forwarding feature of your device. The link below may provide some help.

https://kb.netgear.com/966/Troubleshooting-VPN-passthrough-for-home-routers

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7