× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My pc is not connecting to my extender's existing network

Innocentpro
Tutor

My pc is not connecting to my extender's existing network

Hi, I have a problem with my pc's connection to my wifi extender. The extender is working perfectly fine with all devices including the pc i am talking about but thats not the problem. I want to open the extenders login page but it keeps sending me to page where it says "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network". But when  I connect to my extendor through my phone it send me to the login page ( i want to use the login page from my pc not phone). Why does that happen? why does my pc NOT connect to my extendors network but instead connect to the router my extendor is connected to? I am using an ethernet cable from my pc to the exteder you might ask. 

Thanks 

Model: WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: My pc is not connecting to my extender's existing network

Look up the ip address for the extender in the routers attached devices page (or equivelent). Use that to access it. 

the mywifiext . net requires the router to direct the connection to the extender. Some ISP or other manufacturers devices don't do it properly. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Look up the ip address for the extender in the routers attached devices page (or equivelent). Use that to access it. 

the mywifiext . net requires the router to direct the connection to the extender. Some ISP or other manufacturers devices don't do it properly. 

Message 2 of 3
Innocentpro
Tutor

It worked, thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements