× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My phone (android) just can't connect to router N300 Trek PR2000

p582
Follower

My phone (android) just can't connect to router N300 Trek PR2000

Hello,

I'm having troubles with connecting my phone to my router (N300 Trek PR2000). I bought this router 3 years ago and it always worked fine until recently, now I'm unable to connect my phone (Huawei P10 lite, under Android).

After I enter my NETGEAR password, it leads me to the Genie interface tab where it can't find my router on the list. When I try to connect to the router manually, it cannot connect either. I tried many times restarting the router and my phone, resetting the router and nothing works, Genie cannot find my router on the WAN list of network.Screenshot_20180909-184614.jpgScreenshot_20180909-185034.jpg

I tried to "configure the internet connection myself", but it didn't change anything.

I didn't have any problem to connect my computer though, it's only with the phone.

Some information about the config:

Router information:

Router Firmware Version: V1.0.0.09_1.0.1

DHCP Server: On

Mode: Wireless Hotspot

Internet port

MAC Address: C4:04:15:78:B4:51

IP Address: 0.0.0.0

Connection: DHCPClient

IP Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

Domain Name Server: 0.0.0.0

Hope you can help! Thank you in advance.

p582

Model: PR2000|NETGEAR Trek - N300 Travel Router and Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My phone (android) just can't connect to router N300 Trek PR2000

Hi p582, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

As I understand, PR2000 is set to wireless mode. This means that you will connect the PR2000 to an existing wireless network. Based on the screenshot, the PR2000 detects other wireless network. Does your phone detect the main network? How far is the PR2000 to the main router? Please try changing the channel of the main router. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi p582, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

As I understand, PR2000 is set to wireless mode. This means that you will connect the PR2000 to an existing wireless network. Based on the screenshot, the PR2000 detects other wireless network. Does your phone detect the main network? How far is the PR2000 to the main router? Please try changing the channel of the main router. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@p582

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7