× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N300 WNR2000v2 Wireless Router slow download speed

xSharaz122
Aspirant

N300 WNR2000v2 Wireless Router slow download speed

Hey,

I have Time Warner Cable as my internet service provider. I used to pay for 50 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds. I used to get those speeds when connected to my Netgear router through wifi fine.

Two days ago Time Warner Cable updated our internet to 200 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload speed. When connected from laptop to modem given by Time Warner, the speeds are fine. However, when connected to my Netgear router through wifi, I am now only getting around 30 Mbps download but the upload has gone up to around 20 Mbps.

So basically Time Warner upgraded my internet but Netgear has dropped my download speed and raised my upload speed.

Some of my router settings:

Channel - Auto

Mode - 300 Mbps

Security is on AES option.

My default router MTU was 1492. I tried changing that to numerous options such as 1400, 1440, 1460, ect. but speeds remained the same. I put it back to 1492.

I have tried disabling WMM,changing DNS, as well as changing channels. No change in speeds.

Please help with this. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
xSharaz122
Aspirant

No way to delete this thread right?

Ended up disconnecting the Netgear router. Time Warner enabled wireless services on the modem they provided.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
xSharaz122
Aspirant

No way to delete this thread right?

Ended up disconnecting the Netgear router. Time Warner enabled wireless services on the modem they provided.

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's right, no way to delete the thread.

Feel free to mark the post that solved your inquiry to set this as closed.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7