× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 Wifi Range Extender

DS29
Aspirant

N300 Wifi Range Extender

Hi. I am trying to connect my N300 Wifi Range Extended (model EX2700) to the Verizon Fios Gigabit Router but everytime I go through the process listed on mywifiext it simply logs me off and the extender doesn't connect to the router. Does anyone know if this extender is not compatible with the Verizon router? or is there something else that is wrong? Thanks.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 Wifi Range Extender

Wifi system or range extender? They're 2 different things. 
If system, I'm a fan of the triband orbi's. 

If extender, again, I'm a fan of the tribands. But if you're looking for something compatible with your G1100 for extenders, I'd actually contact your isp to check what works best with their system. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

which verizon router? 

At what point is it logging you off? 

Have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into the extender and trying setup? Just disable the wifi on the device you connect to it so it doesn't default back to the wifi connection. 

Message 2 of 7
DS29
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip on connecting via hardwire to check the service. This will allow me to distiguish whether it is a wifi connectivity issue between the router and the extender vs. between the laptop and the extender. 

The verizon router is the G3100 Fios Router.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

The G3100 has been a problem child to connect extenders to. 

Some have great success with the installation assistant, others are able to get wps to work. 

Message 4 of 7
DS29
Aspirant

Thanks for the additional information. Let me know if you recommend any particular wifi extender system. I may looking into powerline options too.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Wifi system or range extender? They're 2 different things. 
If system, I'm a fan of the triband orbi's. 

If extender, again, I'm a fan of the tribands. But if you're looking for something compatible with your G1100 for extenders, I'd actually contact your isp to check what works best with their system. 

Message 6 of 7
DS29
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements