× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N600 WNDR3400V2

Wyzard
Aspirant

N600 WNDR3400V2

When I hook up my computer (desktop) to my modem (hard wired) I get about 300mbps. When I hook up my computer to my router (hard wired) I only get around 92mbps. When I log into the netgear genie it says I should be getting up to 300mbps but as I mentioned its only around 92mbps. I have the latest firmware and even tried reverting to an earliar version with the same results. It is set to all the stock settings so I'm sure its a setting. Any sugestions?

Glen

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

According to the manual for the WNDR3400v3 all ports, both LAN and WAN are rated at 10/100 Mbps.

From Page 108;

LAN

10BASE-T or 100BASE-Tx, RJ-45

WAN

So you can not exceed that rate where a wired connection is needed, including from the modem to the router.

You would need a gigabit router to achieve your full ISP throughput, anything from a WNDR3700 upwards in thge range.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

From what I understand, the LAN ports of the router are definitely gigabit capable, and should be flashing green (with activity) if the negotiated rate is gigabit, so check this with the hard wired PC to see if the PC also shows a gigabit connection for that interface.

What I am less sure of is if the WAN port is gigabit, or just fast (10/100)? If you log into the router and go to ‘Advanced’ – ‘Administration’ – ‘Router Status’ – ‘Show Statistics’, what do you see for the WAN port status?

Clearly your PC/Modem are gigabit capable.

Message 2 of 11
Wyzard
Aspirant

I have a brand new gaming computer so it is set up with all the latest gadgits so it is capable of gig internet. Here is the info you requested in a image.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You’re close to what I was after. In that screengrab, top left ‘Internet Port’ area, click on the ‘Show Statistics’ button, this should tell you what the WAN (Internet) port is doing.

Message 4 of 11
Wyzard
Aspirant

Here is the screen shot....Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I don’t know why, but your screen grabs seem to have gone? But all I wanted to know is if the WAN port is connecting at 10/100 Mbps or 1000Mbps (gigabit).

Message 6 of 11
Wyzard
Aspirant

The screenshots are showing for me.....wan = 100M/Full. How do I change it to 1000M/Full?

Message 7 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

According to the manual for the WNDR3400v3 all ports, both LAN and WAN are rated at 10/100 Mbps.

From Page 108;

LAN

WAN

So you can not exceed that rate where a wired connection is needed, including from the modem to the router.

You would need a gigabit router to achieve your full ISP throughput, anything from a WNDR3700 upwards in thge range.

Message 8 of 11
vondoom2
Tutor

Good morning,

I recently needed to space out the devices currently connected to my home wifi.  I have a N600 Dual Band Wireless Router and I have it connected to a AC1750 Mesh Extender.  Everything appears to be working fine, however, whenever I try to access my router to look into the settings to get the IP Address for the Mesh Extender I get a page icon with a sad face.  And if I try to access my router again it will not allow me to unless I restart it.  I figured I would try to update the firmware, but the screen just says "Connecting to Netgear Server, Please Wait....." and then eventually times out.  Fortunately it never says internet lost or anything like that.  Is this worth really looking into or am I just really overdue for an upgrade?  Other than that my internet is fine, it's just that I can't get into my Mesh Extender to make sure everything is absolutely setup the way I want. And I can't stay logged in to my router (for very long) to do what I want.

Message 9 of 11

Rather the hitching a ride on an old discussion that hasn't been touched for seven years, you might do better to start a new discussion.

If you do that, you should also tell people which devices you own. "N600 Dual Band Wireless Router and I have it connected to a AC1750 Mesh Extender" tell us nothing about the equipment you own, beyond them being slightly old. N600 and AC1750 are indicators of wifi technology.  Netgear has made dozens of devices with those specifications.

Message 10 of 11
vondoom2
Tutor

Thanks, I'll start a new topic.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements