N600 WNDR3400v3 cannot connect to 2.4Ghz channel (1 month old router)

HP382
Follower

N600 WNDR3400v3 cannot connect to 2.4Ghz channel (1 month old router)

My N600 WNDR3400v3 is 1-month old.

Everything worked well on installation, and during the 1st month: the two channels 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz working well.

We tipically have 2 laptops, 1 iPod Touch, 1 iPad, 1 Android smartphone connected to this wifi-router.

However, in the last days, none of these devices could connect to the Internet using the 2.4Ghz channel. We all had to change to the 5 Ghz channel.

I rebooted the router to factory settings, pressing a needle into the small-hole in the back of the router.

I then upgraded the router's firmware using my laptop, connected by cable to the Netgear router.

The router is showing the 2 lights of the 2 channels in good condition: 2.4 Ghz (green) and 5 Ghz (blue).

However... the 2.4 Ghz is still not working: all our devices can "see" the 2.4Ghz available as a Wifi-network, but none of the devices can connect to the internet using this 2.4Ghz channel... We all have to connect through the 5 Ghz channel, which does not have a great range...

Your help is very welcome. Thanks !!

Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: N600 WNDR3400v3 cannot connect to 2.4Ghz channel (1 month old router)

If the reset was done correctly all user settings would be set to default. Try again then use default settings to rule out incorrect setting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E