× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 Windows 10 installer error 1618 - installation in progress

bpye4611
Aspirant

N600 Windows 10 installer error 1618 - installation in progress

My N600 installation fails when using the downloaded Windows 10 installer with Windows Installer error 1618, another installation running. There is no other installation running. The Event Manager reports the installation was successful. How do I fix this? Is it a Windows problem or a NetGear problem?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
bpye4611
Aspirant

Re: N600 Windows 10 installer error 1618 - installation in progress

It was a Windows problem. I ran Task manager and found a 32-bit installer app running from a week ago, deleted it, re-ran the N600 installation and after it cleaned-up leftover installer files, the N600 installation completed. What's odd is that I had rebooted the laptop several times yet the old installer was still active.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
bpye4611
Aspirant

Re: N600 Windows 10 installer error 1618 - installation in progress

It was a Windows problem. I ran Task manager and found a 32-bit installer app running from a week ago, deleted it, re-ran the N600 installation and after it cleaned-up leftover installer files, the N600 installation completed. What's odd is that I had rebooted the laptop several times yet the old installer was still active.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7